30 May 2006

Just in time to miss out.

Typical isn't it?
After pulling my hair out for almost four days trying to remodel the blog layout, I finally understand the meaning behind the hot buzzword that has been making the rounds within the Wellington online community over the last few weeks.
Webstock.
It's a four-day gathering jam packed full of intensive workshops, conferences and web celebrities, with the aim being to improve how websites are built through inspiration, education, insightful analysis and practical application. Amongst the impressive list of speakers attending (of whom I've actually never heard of) are two big Blognoscenti names I would love to hear speak.
Kathy Sierra, the force behind 'Creating Passionate Users' and Douglas Bowman the designer responsible for the countless classic blog templates including the 'Minima' series
(the template this blog is based on).

So naturally I'm chuffed to hear this huge event is all taking place in my hometown and I currently have nothing but free time on my hands to burn. I'm not so chuffed however to hear I've missed the entire event and it finished today.
Gutted. :-(

[Technorati],,

By Erueti Brown with 2 comments

2 Jabber?:

Sorry you missed out - it was a great event. Keep an eye on http://webstock.org.nz for the podcasts.

bro, one day you'll hear the whistle before the boat leaves