16 May 2006

Snakes on a Brain.


I'm not a huge fan, but I kinda do like snakes. I'm waiting like millions of other 'meme watchers' for this years expected release of
'Snakes on a Plane'.
Snakes are sexy sure. They're ancient, stealthy, highly evolved and yet the idea of, 'there's a snake, kill that mother f@#ker!' seems like a very primal but natural response to most snakey situations.
(Unless you're a Conservationist)

So let me tell you a story.

I was once friends with the son of a 'so-called' powerful and therefore feared Arabian seer.
My friend told me one day a Babylonian folklore tail his father had told him, that snakes were magical creatures, but also cursed for the role their ancestor played in the garden of Eden.
For their punishment, all snakes henceforth would be subjected to 'go upon their bellies and eat dust for all the days of their lives'. He said that it was also for this reason snakes shed their skin, and that left to it's own devices a snake could live forever.
Therefore snakes are condemned to forever slither about on their bellies eating dust until the inevitable happens, because snakes never die.

They are always killed.

[Technorati] ,

By Erueti Brown with No comments

0 Jabber?: